To reactivate your Eco Whiff Deodorizer, we would always recommend drying these in direct sunlight rather that baking them in a oven or leaving them on a radiator.
through extensive testing we found the deodorizers more effective when the uv rays kill the bacteria rather than drying them into the carbon.
When should you dry the deodorizers?
We would always recommend reactivating the deodorizers once a month. Unless you find them less effective then we would recommend reactivating them again.
Inside your Eco Whiff deodorizers are specially formulated Activated charcoal which target areas like the toe and heel where sweat and moisture builds up. To ensure that these bags are working at their best and keeping your footwear fresh please see the instructions below:
- Eco Whiff deodorizers are designed to absorb up to 15-30 days of sweat/moisture before they need reactivating.
- If your footwear is soaked through then ECO Whiffs shoe dryers are recommended rather than our activated shoe deodorizers. Our Charcoal deodorizers will help but they may not fully dry the footwear as they could be too wet. (See below on how to use in this case)
- We would only recommend recharging the activated charcoal deodorizers in direct sunlight, However our Silica Boot and Shoe dryers can be recharged in three different ways.
- On a warm/hot radiator.
- On a window sill in direct sunlight.
- Put the bead bags in an oven at 100°C (212°F) for 1-2 hours.This is the most effective way to fully recharge them.
- Do not put the bead bags in the microwave as this will damage the silica gel beads. (It is possible to tell if they have been heated in a microwave and this will invalidate your warranty)
- Please do not eat the silica oxide beads or Actived Charcoal. even if you are hungry, have an Apple instead! If you do by mistake, please seek medical advice straight away.
- While your Eco Whiff are very good at absorbing moisture they can’t handle being submerged so do not take them scuba diving!
- Eco Whiff deodorizers are not toys, even if you think they are, so please keep them away from children and animals.
Our shoe or boot dryer will dry soaking wet footwear that well without some help from you first. Here are some handy tips:
- Pour out any water in the shoe or boot.
- Soak up any loose, easily absorbable water with a towel or newspaper so that the footwear is just very wet.
- Give the footwear a quick burst with a hairdryer to warm the moisture up.
- Insert a pair of fully reactivated Eco Whiff Shoe dryer and leave them for about 24 hours in a dry environment.
Your Eco Whiff will absorb any moisture in the footwear quicker than if they were just left to dry in fresh air and this helps prevent fungus and bacteria growing which is what creates smelly shoes and boots.
If your shoes are wet from running in the rain or from sweat, simply insert your Eco Whiff’s and leave them to dry overnight.
- Do not grill Any of our Eco Whiff Deodorizers or Shoe dryers as they will melt or burn!
- Do not put in the microwave
- Do not eat silica oxide beads or activated charcoal particles
- Keep away from children and animals, Drysure’s are not toys
- Do not take underwater even though Drysure’s are very good at absorbing